Decade Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'60s/'70s similarity

Go down

'60s/'70s similarity Empty '60s/'70s similarity

Post  Emman Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:02 pm

Many people have commented on this, the period from about 1966/67 to 1980/81 has strong music, fashion, and even political similarities, like bellbottoms, hippie fashions, long sideburns, afros, earth tone colors, psychedelic/paisley patterns on shirts/pants, soul/funk, hard blues-rock, folky pop styles, progressive social movements, slang like far out, dynamite, groovy, outta sight, ect. Even the main '70s styles like disco and prog rock are just basic evolutions of their '60s counterparts(soul/funk and psychedelic rock). This is a aspect of the '70s I like the most actually, I just think the counter cultural revolution of the late '60s took it's time to fully implant itself into society, this mood of rebellion gradually turned into a mood of introspection and "me" individualism.

Most of the things some people associate with the '60s really took place during the '70s, the '70s was the decade that changed the face of society, divorce rates went up along with crime, people became more cynical about government and politicians(watergate), society became more socially(civil rights/women's lib) equal but financially unequal, this "consciousness revolution" eventually burned out by the early '80s but this period from the late '60s to early '80s IMO was a time of great experimentation and relaxing of traditional social mores. The other two decades that are compared with each other are the '90s/'00s which I will comment on later........
Emman
Emman

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum